The Colorado State Patrol estimates that between 1,500 and 2,500 accidents occur across the state each month. Their severity ranges: some are minor collisions, while others are fatal accidents. Learn more about the problem of car accidents in Denver, Colorado.
Many accident victims are injured or even killed by someone else’s negligence, such as distracted driving, reckless driving, or drunk driving.
After an accident has occurred, it is important to contact an experienced auto accident attorney in Denver as soon as possible. The insurance company of the wrong party may not make an offer that adequately covers all damages suffered by you. However, an attorney can help hold the erring party accountable and make sure you have the money you need to make ends meet.
In Colorado, there is a three-year deadline for filing a lawsuit after a car accident in Denver, Colorado. However, if the government-owned vehicle was involved in the accident, the notice deadline is only 182 days.
Why choose a car accident attorney in Denver, Colorado?
Denver, Colorado, Auto Accident Attorney callpaul understands that a car crash in Denver, Colorado is a stressful experience and offers a free consultation so she can learn about the legal options and services offered by her firm.
callpaul has 30 years of auto accident claims experience in Denver, Colorado. Her diverse background in different types of issues helps to provide excellent representation to her clients.
callpaul understands that most clients don’t want to get involved in a lawsuit. You will work hard to convince the insurance company to compensate you fairly for your injuries.
Additionally, you realize that when insurance companies are unfair, legal action is the only way for accident victims to obtain compensation to lessen the financial burden a car accident places on them.
callpaul is proud to represent clients throughout Colorado, including Boulder, Broomfield, Longmont, Lakewood, Arvada, Aurora, Thornton, Westminster, Centennial and Littleton. Accident victims have represented Denver County, Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, Boulder County, and Adams County.
callpaul Law, LLC provides the personal attention and dedication of a boutique law firm.
Jennifer callpaul has experience with a variety of auto accident claims in Denver, Colorado.
Types of Claims in Denver, Colorado
There are a variety of accident claims, including:
- High-speed crashes
- Low-speed crashes
- Rear impact crashes
- Side impact collisions
- Passenger injury accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- DUI/drunk driver accidents
- Reckless driver accidents
- Distracted driver accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Dram shop liability accidents
Examples of Negligence in Denver, Colorado
There may be multiple claims of negligence in a single accident claim. The following are common causes of accidents:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Driving while distracted;
- Driving recklessly;
- Failing to abide by traffic signals;
- Driving with road rage;
- Driving while talking on a cell phone;
- Speeding or driving too slowly; and/or
- Driving while texting.
What Should I Do After an Accident in Denver, Colorado?
There are several steps you should take to protect yourself after a motor vehicle accident.
First, be safe. Do not get out of your vehicle unless it is safe to do so. Do not move your car unless it is absolutely necessary to protect your safety and the safety of those around you, and you are physically able to do so.
Call 911 and/or the police. Ask those involved if they were injured. If someone was injured in the accident, call 911 and the police. Exchange insurance information with the other drivers.
Take pictures. Photographs of the scene of the accident, any damage to your vehicle, and any injuries you have will be helpful in your case.
Exchange insurance information. Take pictures of the other drivers’ insurance information, their driver’s licenses, and their license plates.
Seek medical attention. Some injuries are delayed and do not exhibit symptoms right away. If you start to feel pain later in the day or wake up in pain the following day, make sure you seek treatment with your primary care physician, at an urgent care center, or in the emergency room.
Speak with an experienced auto accident lawyer in Denver, Colorado. The at-fault driver will probably have an insurance company protecting his or her interests. It is important to contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. You should not give a statement to the insurance company or accept a settlement offer until you have retained a skilled Denver personal injury lawyer to protect your interests during this troubling and often life-changing time.
Compensation and Damages in a Car Accident Claim in Denver, Colorado
After an accident, you may be entitled to several different types of damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Loss of income and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering or mental anguish
- Permanent physical impairment
Should I Go to the Doctor in Denver, Colorado?
Yes, if you are experiencing any pain, you should see a doctor.
Some injuries, such as whiplash, do not show up right away. If you are injured, it is important to have your injuries documented as soon as possible.
Should I Accept the Insurance Company’s Settlement in Denver, Colorado?
If you are not done with treatment, you should not consider settling with the insurance company. Their settlement offer may not cover all of your bills, subrogation claims, or damages.
Car accident lawyers in Denver, Colorado will help you settle your claim or file a lawsuit, if necessary.
Additional Resources in Denver, Colorado
- Colorado Department of Revenue, Division of Motor Vehicles: The Department of Revenue (DMV) provides several services, such as processing driver’s licenses and vehicle registration. The DMV also provides educational tools that help drivers stay in compliance with Colorado law.
- Colorado Department of Transportation: This link provides several forms, publications, and manuals regarding traffic safety.
- Report a Traffic Accident: If you have been involved in an accident, you can report it using this website.
- Denver Open Data Catalog: Traffic Accidents: This website contains up-to-date traffic accident data for both the city and county of Denver.
- United States Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Crash Overview: The USDOT provides statistics on car accidents that occur in the United States every year.
- News stories about recent crashes: The Denver Post frequently publishes stories about motor vehicle accidents that occur throughout the state.
- News articles on car accidents: CBS Denver/Channel 4 News shares articles about recent Denver County car accidents, as well as current traffic conditions in the area.