Story at a glance
- Among the most popular delivery combos in the U.S. on Uber Eats were burrito and cheese, French Fries and salt and soup and bread.
- Some people ordered unique combos like pickles and whipped cream or watermelon and mustard.
- Some customers made unique delivery requests.
(KTLA) — ‘Tis the season for end-of-the-year roundups.
Uber Eats is the latest company to share its yearly summary detailing the most popular takeout trends, delivery combos and unique delivery requests it received this year.
For 2022’s most popular takeout trends, Uber Eats shared that people preferred non-alcoholic drinks more than alcoholic, didn’t want ranch dressing as much compared to previous years, and saw a spike in convenience store orders for Klondike’s Choco Taco ice cream, which was discontinued earlier this year.
The company also shared that people requested French fries and hash browns the most on Thanksgiving and that Negroni Sbagliato with Prosecco was the most popular drink during the fall, thanks mostly to a viral TikTok video.
The following were the most popular delivery combos in the U.S.:
- Burrito + Cheese
- French Fries + Salt
- Cheeseburger + Diced Onions
- Chicken Sandwich + Fries
- Breakfast Sandwich + American Cheese
- Soup + Bread
- Pancakes + Sausage
- Pizza + Mozzarella
- Salad + Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Quesadilla + Sour Cream
Some people wanted to try unique food combinations.
Some unexpected pairings included:
- Ham + Cream Cheese
- Fruit Roll Up + Hot Cheetos
- Pickles + Whipped Cream
- Popcorn + Pickle Juice
- Dark Chocolate + Tomato Salad
- Pizza + Applesauce
- Sushi + Ranch
- Peanut Butter + Pizza
- Cheese + Martinis
- Watermelon + Mustard
The company also shared some Uber Eats customers’ unique delivery requests. One customer asked for a dinosaur drawing along with their food, while another asked if the restaurant could leave off the cheese on his wife’s pizza since she loves to eat it but is lactose intolerant.